Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Truth About My Square Life: I Have Time To Read

The Truth About My Square Life is a series attempting to stop pretending the highlight reels of our lives on Instagram are the whole picture. If you're anything like me, I bet you find yourself comparing your real life to other peoples' square lives, their highlight reels, as if it's the whole picture of their lives. And this comparison game is exhausting, and it's stealing our joy.

So let's stop that.

A couple weeks ago I curled up in bed to read after having an impossibly long and exhausting day, and I posted this picture:


I don't know about you, but this Tuesday has just worn me out. So I'm giving myself the night off to curl up with a good book.

What it looks like is going on: I have all the time in the world for leisure activities like reading.  I don't waste my time with mindless activities like binge watching Friends on Netflix.  Oh you do? You know you're killing your brain. Also, I only wear pajamas that match my bedding, because I am just that fancy. I wouldn't be caught dead in sweatpants and a t-shirt. And, of course my glasses are just as fashionable as my nighttime attire.

The truth about my square life: I had had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I got home to be reminded that I hadn't gone to the grocery store, I hadn't done laundry, and I hadn't cleaned my apartment in about a week. I made a half-hearted attempt to do some of those things, gave up, ordered a pizza, and crawled into bed with the whole pizza and Gone Girl. I ate the pizza out of the box in my bed, read for half an hour. Then decided that I was too tired to read, and turned on Netflix. Oh, and I ate the whole pizza...

No comments:

Post a Comment