Wednesday, February 11, 2015

#LoveYourCurls

In light of Dove's new ad campaign to #LoveYourCurls, I thought I would get real with you guys about having curly hair. Just incase you've missed it, or you're like me and can't seem to go more than a few days without watching it:


Our curls are perfect this way.

I so related to the little girls in the video who longed to make their hair straight and have it look like everyone else's hair; little-girl-Jenn felt the same way. Honestly, it wasn't until I was in college that I really fell in love with my big curly hair. Now, I love it. While I do straighten my hair from time to time, I definitely prefer to just let my hair do what it does best - get big and curly.

One perk of having curly hair is that it can be super low maintenance. With the right products I can make my curls last two or three days.  I also try to avoid shampooing my hair as much as possible since shampoo is actually very drying, and that's the last thing my already dry curls need. Don't worry, I do condition my hair any time it gets wet, but I probably only shampoo my hair three or four times a month, which means showers take less time.  And a big bottle of shampoo lasts a long time.

These are the products I swear by to get my curls to last as long as possible.



1. Redken Curvaceous Ringlet Perfecting Lotion - This curl lotion gives my freshly washed curls just the right amount of control without weighing my hair down. The product does it's job all day, and even in the middle of July in Georgia, I have little to no frizz.

2. Wide Tooth Comb - Friends are always confused when they come over and need to borrow and brush and I have to tell them I don't have one. The bristles on a brush are far too close together to use on curly hair. The only time I run anything through my hair is when it's wet. I use the comb to get my hair parted and detangled, then I put my products in and stop touching my hair!

3. Dove Refresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo - I've tried several dry shampoos, and Dove's by far does the best job. It smells great, absorbs oils, and doesn't leave a yucky feeling residue on my scalp all day.

4. Bumble + Bumble Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist - Truth, this product has a kind of strange smell when you first spray it on your hair. But it goes away, I promise. I sampled the mist at the mall, and kept making my friend smell my hair to tell me if the strange scent had gone away. It definitely did, and the reactivating mist definitely reactivates your curls. For day two or day three curls, this is my go to. I mist my hair, then start scrunching my curls back to life, and laying down some of the frizz from my pillow.

How do you take care of your hair? What products do you swear by? 
Do you find yourself wishing your hair was different than the way it is?














No comments:

Post a Comment