Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2015 Goals // Part Three // Fired Up. Saying Yes. Saying No.

After figuring out whatdid and didn't work for me in 2014, I started thinking about the things I'm most passionate about. The things that make my heart beat fast. The things that fire me up and make me feel alive. I truly believe the things that fire you up do so for a reason; those passions were built into your soul by God. And I long to live my life in a way that enables me to be purposeful about pursuing and participating in the things that truly fire me up. The list below of things that fire me is not exhaustive, nor is it in any particular order. 

  • Loving on high schoolers
  • Seeing people come to know Jesus
  • Writing/reading/words
  • Organization/organizing/cleaning
  • The Bible
  • Long talks with friends
  • Slow weekends
  • Praise music
  • Grace
  • Surprises for people I love
  • Dance parties
  • Witnessing God build communities 
  • Time with my family
  • Learning
  • Dreaming about my future with Tyler
  • Being in the mountains
  • To do lists/planners
  • Authentic conversations
  • Laughter
  • Making memories
  • Travel
  • Cooking
  • Encouraging others 
Now that I have a more clear idea of the things that fire me up, as well as the things that did and didn't work last year, it is much easier to see the things in my life that I need to be saying "no" to and the things in my life I long to say "yes" to. 

  • Comparison
  • Accumulating more and more stuff 
  • Making my life about my job 
  • Reading the Bible as if it's a story about me 
  • Not feeling like I am enough - smart enough, good enough, pretty enough
  • Judging myself
  • Snooze button
  • Perfectionism
  • Stifling my own dreams
  • Netflix/social media all night long
  • Phone after 10 pm
  • Feeling like I have to say "yes"
  • Boundaries
  • Less stuff 
  • Trusting God
  • Knowing the Bible for myself 
  • Phoneless date nights / phoneless time with friends
  • Morning prayer time 
  • Taking Luna on walks
  • Finishing my novel 
  • Time with the high schoolers
  • Grace up grace
  • Forgiveness (for myself and others)
  • Working out/eating well
  • Writing for fun
  • Seeking God above all else
  • Getting my financial house in order for good
  • Dreaming big dreams over my life 
  • Daily gratitude
  • Margin
  • Joy
  • Reading 
  • Believing that I can't, but God can

No comments:

Post a Comment