Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March Blogness // The Truth About Her Square Life

This morning I am so excited for you to meet my friend, Helen. Helen is not only one of my favorite people, and a fellow blogger, but she's also my little sister from our sorority. Helen always has a story to share to make you laugh, including the time she tried to take her cat, Mimo, on a walk. Spoiler alert: Mimo wanted nothing to do with that. Or that time, she got in a fight with a sea urchin. Helen's life is full of adventures, and a couple misadventures. She is beautiful, and kind, and can always sense when someone needs to hear about one of those misadventures.

And today, Helen is here to tell you the truth about her square life - because it's not just my square life that is full of half-truths and best-foot-forwardness.
 
 
Hi there! My name is Helen and I blog over at Hel On Heels. When Jenn asked me to write a post in her series The Truth About My Square Life, my response was, “Of course, but my life is perfect.”

I was, of course, kidding! My life is not perfect and I actually had the perfect square picture to prove it.

A few weeks ago, I posted this picture:
 
 
Too Sexy for our helmets.

What it looks like is going on: My boyfriend and I are super adorable and adventurous and go on dangerous go karting adventures in our spare time.  

The truth about my square life: This was one of the worst experiences of my life. I had a broken tailbone and was heavily medicated. I bought passes for the fastest go karts in Georgia for my boyfriend’s birthday before I broke my tailbone and didn’t want to cancel. So I went. It was SO painful. Then to top it off, the guy in charge was super mean to me because the woman at the desk didn’t give me a receipt and someone else was in the kart I was assigned. My tailbone hurt so bad, I was practically driving Miss Daisy and hugging the wall. It was miserable.

Be sure to stop by Helen's blog and give her some love! And if you're here from Helen's blog, welcome to my corner of the internet, I so hope we can be friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment