Tuesday, December 30, 2014

What I Did In 2014

Oh my goodness. I seriously cannot believe we're down to the final days of 2014. I feel like I say this at the end of every year, but this year has truly just flown by! Below is a recap of how awesome this year has been:

January // I started the year off by spending over 10 hours trying to get home during the first #Snowpocalypse. Yes, that's right, over 10 hours. While iced in, I read The Fault In Our Stars, and cried my eyes out.



February // Tyler celebrated his 24th birthday, and we went to the circus (my first time ever). There was another #Snowpocalypse. This time, I left work at the first signs of snow and made it home in a little over an hour. My favorite all-girls competition cheer squad also took home first place at Cheer Sport - gotta love those owls!


March // By March, tax busy season was in full swing, but I didn't let that stop me from having fun! I finally learned how to ride a bike. Yes, it took me 23 years to learn how to ride a bike. And, I took Sissy to see Miley Cyrus!


April // I basically moved into my aunt's condo so that I wouldn't have to keep driving so far to get home as the tax deadline approached, but I made it! I survived my first busy season as a real accountant! And to celebrate, I got to go cheer on my favorite competition cheer squad at Nationals!


May // I surprised Sissy with an ah-mazing 22nd birthday bash. She 100% did not see it coming, and I can't believe we totally pulled off the surprise!


June // I celebrated my 24th birthday with a Roaring 20's themed birthday party, complete with flapper dresses and plenty of champagne. And of course, fireworks. Right after my birthday, I packed my bags and took my high schoolers to camp for a week. While there, we cheered on Team USA in the World Cup!


July // July brought one of my most favorite holidays: Independence Day! I celebrated with good friends, by floating the river and watching fireworks. At the end of July, I moved into my own sweet little apartment. And then learned how hard setting up the internet is.

August // My little family grew by one at the very beginning of August, because I rescued Luna! It was terrifying and wonderful all at once. I also unlocked the Pumpkin Spice Latte in midtown. You're welcome Atlanta.


September // Once again, I packed my bags and headed to the mountains with my high schoolers for weekend camp. Sharp Top Cove is one of my most favorite places, and it's so special to get to take my high school friends to the same camp that I went to in high school.


October // The final tax deadline of the year came and went! I survived a full year of tax deadlines as a grown up accountant! At the end of October, on a beautiful fall day, my sweet friend, Amanda, married the love of her life. I was lucky enough to get to stand beside her and she took this big step in her life.


November // Another month, another wedding! My sweet friend, Lauren, married the love of her life. She was a beautiful bride and it was such an honor to stand by her side on her special day. I also celebrated Thanksgiving three times (oh my goodness, so. much. turkey.).


December // I launched this sweet little blog! At the end of the month, I took some time off from work to soak up the holidays with my family. As an early Christmas present, I bought Sissy and I matching onsies. On Christmas Eve, Mom, Sissy, and I broke in our new Christmas jammies and had a photo shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment